Monday, November 10, 2008

ART SHOW!

so, i have this piece in a group gallery opening on november 22nd in st. petersburg, florida. i'm pretty fucking excited about it. the list of artists involved is STACKED and i feel honored (and a little out of place) to be included. the show it pretty unique in how its set up... you can check out more info about it HERE. you can also buy/pre order my art screened on a tee for 18 bones at THIS LINK.


here's some process shots of my art-
1. pencil sketch


2. brush pen line work. did something different with this design... inked it on good paper- not just taped-together ripped, folded cheap copy paper like usual. i am going to put some watercolor swashes on it and actually make something finished outside of the computer. i'll post the finished painting/drawing/inking/whatever as soon as i get it together.


3. finished art. ready to be screenprinted for you. wink, wink.


i just want to say that I LOVE THIS CONCEPT for a gallery. screw art-elitist. screw expensive shit that hangs on walls (i mean, if you can work that hustle as an "artist", good for you) i just think its time to make art fun again. and affordable. this is going to be a party.

1 comment:

eleequis said...

Man I love your work,
Im love drawing to, but I don't have any idea of how to detail and color my sketches.
And I was wondering what software do you use for your work?

and sorry for my bad English :/